Thursday, April 26, 2007

I don't like this me.

The current me is detestable, for I am developing a real bad habit in the midst of doing a lot of analysis and graphing (I have done at least 10 graphs thus far. More to come!). This is the me who has a lot of work to catch up on; I had to slack my Public Holiday away, I had to. Huff*

"You won't know the facts until you've seen the fiction."

"Girls like me don't make invitations like this to just anyone!"

Caught up with Harvard over lunch, and intitial plans to watch The Number 23 were scrapped because the box office wasn't open when we got there, and then we got lazy. Of course I won't discount the fact that because Harv is a media graduate who favours arthouse over commercial films, his reluctance to watch Carrey's new flick got to me a bit. His recommendations of several non-mainstream movies (which I personally have heard to be really good) faltered my decision of having to watch a relaxing commercial movie a bit, and I gave in; we headed back to his, only to pick Pulp Fiction out of a range of others like The Matrix (yawns?), Schindler's List, Wong Kar-Wai's works, etc (all part of The List, see below).

"Yeah, well the days of me forgetting are over, and the days of me remembering have just begun."

- Pumpkin in PF.

I couldn't have said it better myself, and I will now live by that quote (if I manage to remember not to forget, of course).

By the time I got home in the evening, I did relatively plenty of work, and then tried to watch this:

"Ever wanted to be someone else?
Now you can."

Being John Malkovich is basically about the idea of being inside someone else's skin, seeing what they see, and feeling what they feel. I'm actually only halfway through this movie, but already I am sufficiently intrigued by Jonze's techniques and allthatjazz. I guess this is worth a watch;

(I found the following out after spending some time at Metropolis Bookstore yesterday afternoon; a very interesting place itself)

both BJM and Pulp Fiction are included in 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.

(I don't know how much you can trust this list though, considering some 'errr' movies [read: 'Titanic'] are in the 1001 too!)

In any case, my journey to cover these 1001 begins...

And yes, Hello Bali. :)


This cigarette it could seduce, an entire nation with its smoke.

//edit: Sometimes.
Why is it that sometimes, your actions betray your words? What are you trying to hide? I wonder. Sometimes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home