Monday, August 06, 2007

"It's not about how you fall, but how you land."

Despite being incredibly sick, I managed to accomplish quite a number of things over the weekend; on Sat I went down to Fed Square for the Pixar exhibition which was a real eye-opener:

  • there are 3 elements to a successful animation: character, story, and world;
  • the Zoetrope was amazing (3-D effects simply just by spinning a platform fast enough);
  • as the people behind the scenes assert, it's all about 'making something unbelievable out of something that seems fantasy-like';
  • you get to see sketches of the 'before' process (pastel and pencil sketchings, mostly) and these sketches highlight the tedious thought and formulation process that goes before an animation is finished! there was at least 10 different Edna Modes conceptualized, although thank God for the resulting one which I love much ("ed.nah")!
  • we also got some sneak peeks of Ratatouille! :D
  • i hate talented people. :( i can't even draw a proper stick figure!

Words simply don't do the exhibition justice, so if anyone has the chance they should totally go down to check out this themselves! Lunch was late and a heavy one at Shanghai Dumpling House, and we totally over ordered - 1 plate of fried dumplings, a bowl of steamed dumplings in soup, a szechuan hot&spicy soup, and a superduperspicy Tan Tan la mien! Basically food unsuitable for a person as sick as myself. But ah! Guilty pleasures I just can't keep away from! ;)


Sunday was lazy and sleepy, and I caught up with my ex-floormates over dinner at Papa Gino's on Lygon (always a favorite!). We proceeded to gelati at Freddo's (which I refrained from!) and then ended up at Jason's new pad for a short while. Right after everyone had to leave, I went over to Damien's place to get the remaining Ugly Betty episodes (which I have been obsessing over since Fri!!!) and put them on as soon as I got home! I really should stop the UB binge, because it's costing me precious sleep...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home