Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Smile even though your heart is breaking.

Wednesday
Mom arrives! Lunch was yumcha @ Westlake and then dinner was Oriental Spoon at La Trobe. Well-fed = joy. :)




Extreme left - say hi to Bart! New addition to the family! Thanks to Tash :)

Friday
DFO Spencer. Need I say more?


Huge-ass lobster for dinner!

Saturday
Met Harv in the afternoon to catch Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Loves the new addition much! The Silver Surfer (voiced by Laurence Fishburne) is so cool! And of course, the Human Torch is so goddamn HAWT.

And then at night after a yummilicious home-cooked dinner, I met Ashley and Dani for Ocean's 13, which I really, really enjoyed!


Fave last scene! SNAGs watching Oprah. Haha.

Sunday
Brought Mom to St. Kilda's Sunday Esplanade Market because she loves stuff like that and we got me a gorgeous Silk orange lamp for my new room!

To buy, or not to buy?

The yummiest (and apparently healthiest) burgers in Melbourne at Grill'd!

And then we ride off into the St. Kilda sunset...

Monday
Mom's always wanted to go to Miss Marples because of all the travel programs she watches back home so yesterday, I fulfilled her wish and drove her up Dandenong; we got lost along the way and took an extra 20mins to get up, because Mom completely forgot to rent a Melway! All we had were very brief instructions on how to get there (but not back!). Gah. Anyways it took about an hour up but well worth it because Miss Marples is apparently this famous quaint little cottage for tea (and Devonshire Scones). I mean, tea is one thing and tea tastes pretty much the same eveywhere but SCONES! God I have a neverending obsession with yummy scones and boy, was I satisfied yesterday!

Miss Marples along Mt. Dandenong Tourist Road.

Cosy interiors.

Mamu is happy cos I finally brought her to the quaint ickle cottage.

Spot of tea, anyone?

Cottage Pie for lunch. Pretty bland.

SCONES!!!! Roar! They are seriously fresh and one of the best I've tasted.

The fireplace where you warm your teapots.
(I'm kidding. This is out of commission.)

Don't let the gorgeous sunshine fool you - it was freezing up there!

Gorgeous day; like the roadtrip to Mornington, it started out gloomy and cloudy but cleared up to be quite a travel-friendly day!

This is going to be the face for the next 11 days; Sulky!!

Then I drove Momsy up to SkyHigh, where they had a viewing platform 633m above sea level.

If you look close and hard enough, Melbourne CBD is far, far away in the distance...


When you're on top of the world...


I tried to stop along a couple of parks along the way (Mom loves flowers and stuff) but winter season means everything's dull and barren. Gah. Hence we headed home. Without a map. Got back to the city after 80 mins or so. Not fun driving in the dark in Melbourne!! I hate the lightlessness of Melbourne highways although I do love being able to go at a 100km/hr legally. And Mom did not stop complaining that I drive too recklessly on bendy mountain roads bla bla bla (60km, 70km on long bends.. ok what!). She thinks I'm overly inspired by Initial D! Haha! Mom is really so full of nonsense sometimes, and today for instance, I told her I needed a smaller pillow for my camping trip and she went out and bought a AUD45 silk cushion-pillow thing. It is much smaller then my usual pillows but what the..???


I know that this world has changed us,
Now we're nothing more than strangers.
But do you think about me ever?
Do you think we belong together?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home