Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Me and shirt shopping ;

The moment I was fishing for different sizes and wrecking my brains about X's size in H&M
was also the moment I realised you had begun to slip away.
I paused, and pursed my lips,
reminding myself that you cannot be forgotten -
I REFUSE to forget you ;
2006
over a year ago I was picking something out for you at Polo Ralph,
something that turned out to be of the wrong size.
It was...
Ill fitting,


just like our entire relationship.
(If one can even call it that.)

You wore it anyway, hoping to please me but not realising that that's our biggest problem - we were always trying so hard to please each other that we were too blind to see that happiness should come naturally and not forced about by constant compromise.


2007
The second shirt I had to pick out last year,
I did so because I couldn't think of what else to get for someone who expected a souvenir from a holiday.
In a way, you could say it wasn't a 'willing' or 'voluntary' shirt purchase.
(I guess you could say that when it is indeed voluntary, shirt purchases come to mean something, subconsciously perhaps.)
The shirt did fit alright,
and I much wish it didn't.


The third shirt. 2008.
Is the gift of a shirt a jinx?
Or will it be true what they say - 'third time's a charm'?
One can only wait and see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home