Friday, September 07, 2007

I only think, in the form of crushing numbers.

I have realised that one of my pet peeves? - people who use smiley faces inconsequentially ;) Basically, as punctuation marks :) I mean, what the fuck?! =/ This - :D - is NOT a freaking comma, (or full stop.) for that matter :P Okay, (example) case in point:

"Hey :) How are you? It was great catching up after so long :) I really had a lot of fun :D But next time, don't you dare sneak up on me like that again ;) Or I will personally dropkick you :P"

Can someone say eww? What's wrong with that? Sounds like a perfectly constructed coherent sentence? Hell, NO! I mean, the grammar and everything is, but NOT the punctuation usage!!! It should be (in all fairness to sentence construction rules, punctuation laws, whathaveyous of the Eng language) -

"Hey! How are you? It was great catching up after so long, I really had a lot of fun. But next time, don't you dare sneak up on me like that again! Or I will personally dropkick you!(!!! for added effect if you so please.)"

RAHHHH >=( so stop it!! goddamnit people!!


Disclaimer: So I am guilty of using smileys too, but only expressively (and when words seem superfluous). Not the whole damn time as freakin' punctuation marks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home